Friday, May 20, 2011

Hello, again!

When I started this blog a month and a half ago, I thought I had SO much time to write in it. Boy, was I wrong. Life definitely kicked up a notch when I decided to start a blog. Finishing up my second year at Texas A&M was a full-time task complete with spending times with friends, sorority sisters, and studying for finals. I am happy to report I finished with a 4.0 for the semester (whoop! even though I only finished this semester with 9 hours after dropping organic chemistry) and I am back home for the summer in Southlake, TX.

This summer, I am relaxing at home with my mom and dad while continuing my fourth year of working at Old Navy. Tomorrow is our annual "Dollar Flip Flop Event" and I get the wonderful task of waking up a 6 AM with all the intense bargain hunters. But on the plus side, all employees got a free pair of flip flops to wear during the day tomorrow! Working at Old Navy definitely has its drawbacks, but overall I love it. I often get sad at the thought of leaving Old Navy for another job someday. My managers are great, and the work is fun. Plus, I get a hefty discount at not only Old Navy, but also Gap and Banana Republic. Over the past 4 years, I think I have established myself as Gap Inc's most loyal employee and shopper. At any given day, I am wearing at least one article of clothing from one of these 3 stores. My mom warned me the day I took my job I would spend all my paychecks buying myself new clothes. She was 110% correct.

Other tasks for this summer include my duties as a Texas A&M Fish Camp counselor, and attempting to get some exercise in between. While at school I often ignore the fact that there is a free student recreation center available for me to use all hours of the day, so hopefully this summer I'll make up for my lack of work-outs at school. I have an awesome student membership at Lifetime Fitness that allows me to pay 10 dollars a month while I'm at school, but still come work out during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break. Then during the summer, I pay about 54 dollars a month until I leave for school again.

Well, it's time for me to hit the hay. 6 AM comes sooner than it seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment