Monday, March 28, 2011

My first post

My whole life I've always listened to people talk about their hobbies. My mom's is playing poker, and my sister's is scrapbooking. While these are both very fine hobbies, as a college student, I do not have the fiancial means to support either of these. So I started thinking 'what else can I do with my free-time that I would enjoy?' I love to exercise, however I find way too many reasons daily to skip exercise for other activites. I like to cook, but unfortunately, I live in a tiny room with 3 other girls and no kitchen. I was stumped.

Then a few weeks ago, I ran across one of my sorority sister's blogs on Facebook. I'll admit the only reason I started to look at it was because she posted about her wedding and included many wedding pictures (I'm obsessed with weddings, but what 20-year-old girl isn't?). Then oddly enough, I found myself reading everyday to see what she's been up to and her day-to-day life. I was hooked.

After reading her blog for a few weeks, I was lead to another and then another and now I have 4 blogs saved to my 'Favorites' list on my Internet Explorer window that I check religously. These 4 women who write these blogs have inspired me and lead me to pursue a new hobby: BLOGGING. Hey, if I enjoy reading blogs, why wouldn't I enjoy writing one, as well.

So here I go. I look forward to sharing my comings and goings and everything in between while just trying to get through this semester alive.

Love always,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment