Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Monday!

Today was indeed a very happy Monday! After a fun weekend with my family, I was very excited to spend a day doing whatever I wanted. This morning I slept until 9:30, unusual for me since I usually sleep until 11 in the morning. I re-heated some left-over kolaches and headed to the gym for a spin class! Today's class focused on speed, mixed with aerobic endurance. We spent about 10 minutes riding with resistance, then did speed intervals for 6 minutes. Repeat 3 times. The work-out was tough but I instantly felt better when it was finished.

After my work-out, I re-heated more left-overs. This time I chose my chicken quesedillas from dinner last night. Delish! Luckily, Bravo TV must have known about my planned 'relax' day, because a Real Housewives of New Jersey marathon was on all afternoon. I am addicted to these shows. There's just something about each series that gets me hooked. Orange County, New Jersey, and Beverly Hills are my favorites. My dad came in a little while later and decided to pull me off the couch by asking me to go to the grocery store with him. I love grocery shopping, so I DVR'd the marathon and decided it could wait for later.

I cooked dinner tonight with my mom. I'll be living in my own apartment for the first time in August, so I hope to devote a big portion to learning how to cook. We made Pork Chops topped with Stuffing and Gravy over Rice.. They were excellent. I ate two helpings and probably could've had more, but my brother and his friend had cleared off the platters. Dinner wrapped up just in time to watch the new season of The Bachelorette with my mom. Being the reality TV junkie I am, I couldn't wait to watch. I really hope this season turns out well. It disappoints me to know that almost every season of this show has failed.

It's time for bed for me! Another 6 AM morning at Old Navy awaits tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment